Puppets Art Therapy CAT© a Gestalt Approach
Time & Location
About the Event
- Registrants can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
Puppets could be used to promote emotional empathy with children and persons with disabilities
Art and play therapy offer a wide variety of materials which can be beneficial in accessing both cognitive and sensory aspects of the self. According to child psychologists, one of the most successful materials used in art therapy that creates a play-like atmosphere, has been the use of puppets. (Keely Anderson)
“Puppets have been used in counseling and psychotherapy for different purposes, such as assessment and diagnosis and addressing specific clinical problems” (Butler, Guterman, & Rudes, 2009. p. 226)
During this workshop you will:
- Art thecniques involve in the creation of Puppets using recicled materials and steps adapted to the client's age.
- Investigate and experiment about the creation and the process in the therapy session.
- Discover how Puppets are a way to externalize a problem, emotion, or experience, and can help clients identify and relate to a trauma because as they play, the puppets become an extension of themselves.
- Using Puppets as a link between clients/ children and their family and system (School, society).
- Blank Puppets ready for client's proyections.
- Offer options to the client to communicate in a new language. Puppets work provides a space where clients can reproduce their inner world.
- The integration of the narrative using Puppets.
- An opportunity to explore the client's process when they are creating Art. During the art making process, transference emerges in the way that clients handle the art materials provided by the psychotherapist, and the final creation.
"Because pain could be treated through play..." (G.Garcia)
Day: 25th September 2021
Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Pay by Credit Card
Credit card payments have 2.90% of commission is applied, see the link.
Gestalt Art Therapy Centre
Payment Methods: Ask us for Bank details, please
See here information related to Refunds & Cancellation policy.
Become a member today just for $40 Year and access to discounts!
Full membership 2021: $40
Join our Group on Facebook
Read information about our COVID-19 Guidelines